Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Best Homemade Costa Vida Salad



I just made the BEST homemade Costa Vida. I seriously crave this stuff and I bet you do to! So I decided to share my recipes I used to make the Salad so our wallets will thank us....after all; the Holiday's are coming up and any extra change just makes people happy!

Note: Read and follow the directions precisely (I didn't use measurements on some so I'll just explain what I did)


Dressing (Cilantro and Lime)

In a Blender add:
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1-2 package of Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch dressing mix (depending on how much flavor you like)
  • 1 Jalapeno's (Take out the seeds)
  • 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
  • 1 tsp. crushed garlic
  • 1/2 to 1 cup salsa verde
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • a pinch of Salt
BLEND that baby up and enjoy! ( I seriously could drink this stuff)


RICE (Cilantro/Lime Rice)
*****READ DIRECTIONS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!!!****

  • 2 cups dry rice
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 2-3 cups water
  • 1/2 cup chopped up cilantro
  • 4 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 tsp. Lawry's Garlic Salt
Directions: In a frying pan add rice and a little bit of oil. and sear the rice. This will add texture and flavor. STIR CONSTANTLY and watch closely so the rice doesn't burn. It is done when it turns an opal white color. (My mom taught me this trick) NEXT: put rice in a rice cooker along with the rest of the ingredients: Stir in and cook. (Don't worry about the cilantro going to the top) when it is done cooking mix everything again and ENJOY!

Chicken and Steak
  • Chicken or Steak
Spices:
  • Cumin
  • Chilli powder 
  • Lawry's Garlic Salt
Directions: slice chicken or steak into thin slices and shake each spice over the meat and rub in. (I didn't measure so you'll just have to eyeball it)
NEXT: spray cookie sheet and place meat on top and Broil it in the oven until done. This not only enhances the flavor but gives it that nice grilled texture. 

-Broil for about 10-15 min....keep an eye on it since all ovens are different.

Now Time to make that Salad: (My mouth is Watering)

Layers go as follows: Tortilla, rice, black beans (out of a can that have been heated up), meat, shredded cheese, chopped romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, Tortilla chip strips, and dressing

NOTE: The Tortilla Strip chips seriously make this salad as do all the ingredients and can be found by the croutons at your local grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment